Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds so crazy I just have to try it. Another one from the Mennonite cookbook.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Vinegar Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat eggs until very light, then add butter, vinegar, and hot water.
- Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Cook over double boiler, stirring constantly until thick.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Supposed to be "one of the most delicious pies".