1/2 Photos of Old-fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
From Confident Cooking. Prep does not include freezing and churning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and vanilla beans in medium heatproof bowl; pour milk over; set bowl into a pan of simmering water, but make sure it doesnt touch water; stir milk mixture until simmering.
- 2Remove milk from heat; place yolks in heatproof bowl; gradually add milk to the egg yolks and whisk through thoroughly.
- 3Return mixture to heat over simmering water; stir constantly over low heat until mixture coats back of spoon.
- 4Remove from heat, set aside to cool; place plastic wrap directly onto surface of custard to prevent a skin from forming; cool; once cool, stir cream into custard and chill in refrigerator for atleast 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- 5Remove vanilla beans from custard and scrape the seeds from the beans into the mixture; discard pods; pour the custard into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions to make ice cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.6
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 339.5 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: