Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love tuna, and fix it in many ways - but this is my all time favorite. Easy to double.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drain
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup (1/3 of a 10-1/2 oz. can)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 1⁄4 cup celery or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 7 ounces cream of mushroom soup (2/3 of a 10-1/2 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk, to thin out
- Combine tuna mixture and form into croquettes.
- Chill a few hours before frying.
- Brown both sides in butter. Cover and cook on low 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients and heat on stove or in microwave.
- Serve sauce over croquettes.
These were tasty. :) Do make sure you chill them, I didn't do it long enough and I had be very careful keeping them together. I used a can of "vegetable tuna" which has carrots, corn, and peas in, and that was very nice. Thanks!