Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the meatloaf recipe that I grew up on, and no matter how many different one's I try, I always go back to this. Since I really don't like to measure too much, I usually put the meat, egg, onion, bread, milk, and pepper all together in the bowl first and then squirt the ketchup all over the top. Then, I do the same with about half the amount of golden brown mustard. The leftovers also make great sandwiches with some ketchup!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I use lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 slices bread, broken up
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well (use your hands for best results).
- Transfer meat into a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Shape into a loaf - it should be fairly moist and slightly "sticky" to the touch. If it's too wet, add bread (or dry crumbs) to improve consistency.
- Do not cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 min, or until done.