Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my great grandmother's recipe which I just found in a very old handwritten cookbook - So excited to make this again
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups flour
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- sift together flour and all spices with baking soda in separate bowl.
- Add tomato soup to creamed butter mixture - rinse can with small amount of water. Gradually add in dry ingredients. Stir in raisins. I remember her baking these in greased loaf pans. She doesn't list a specific time for doneness but notes that top should be well done and toothpick should come out clean.