Recipe by Gloria 15x
My x-husband used to make this and it was wonderful---one of the few things he did right!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; discard all but 2 Tbsp drippings.
- Cook onion in drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until mixture is golden brown.
- Gradually add tomatoes and juice; stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bacon.
- Add fried chicken and heat through or serve over biscuits.