Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe reminds me of Monietta, a woman I worked with long ago. I think this was her favorite dressing. I had never seen this type of dressing before she made it, although it has been around for years and years.
- 1 1⁄4 cups salad oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups vinegar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce (or regular worcestershire sauce)
- Whisk together vinegar, soup, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard, and Worcestershire.
- Slowly add oil, while whisking continually.
- Whisk for up 30-45 seconds.
- Serve on salads or greens.
- Refrigerate unused portions.
This was my grandmother's recipe for "french dressing" always served over a wedge of iceburg lettuce straight from the pint jar she made it in. A blast from the past but still delicious, I don't make it too often due to the high fat contents but once in a while I get a craving for it. Thanks for posting.
Thank you for the recipe. I thought it was gone with my grandma. Fast, easy, and you always have the stuff in your pantry.