Recipe by mollypaul
Crispy and delicious with tea (of course), coffee or icy cold milk. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 orange, grated rind of and juice (you should get about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 egg
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add orange rind, juice and egg.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; add to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place on a floured board and roll thinly.
- Cut with a large round, scalloped cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.