Crispy and delicious with tea (of course), coffee or icy cold milk. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease baking sheet.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together; add orange rind, juice and egg.
- 3Beat thoroughly.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; add to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 5Place on a floured board and roll thinly.
- 6Cut with a large round, scalloped cookie cutter.
- 7Place on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g