Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
have not made these myself..but definitely want to.. I buy my sparkling white sugar from King Arthur flour..but am sure speciality baking shops will carry..it as well.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- sparkling white sugar
- beat butter at medium speed with mixer till creamy.gradually add 1 cup sugar, beat well.
- add egg and vanilla, beat well, continue flour and next 3 ingredients.add to butter mixture alternately with milk -- beginning and ending with flour.mix at low speed after each addition.just till blended.
- shape dough into 2 discs, wrap in wax paper and chill at least 1 hour --
- roll each disc to 1/4" thickness.on floured surface.
- cut with 3 1/2" round cutter and place 1" apart on greased sheet.
- sprinkle with sparkling white sugar and bake at 400* for 7-8 minutes or edges are light brown.
- cool 1 minute on sheet, remove to rack to cool completely.