1/4 Photos of Old-Fashioned Tapioca With Lemon Sauce
One of my all-time favorites, this is one is easy on the diet. You can top this homey dessert with green grapes and orange slices for a pretty presentation. You can also use the lemon sauce over angel food cake or your favorite frozen yogurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk (2%)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Whisk milk, sugar, tapioca, and lemon peel in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- 2To make sauce, whisk sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan to blend. Add 3/4 cup water. Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, lemon slices and grated peel. Cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- 3To serve, spoon pudding into small bowls. Spoon Lemon Sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Tapioca With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g