- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top round steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 2 pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat in flour, using a mallet, pound flour into the meat. In large skillet, brown meat on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 1 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.