1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
Chef Ain't B's's Note:
I forgot where I got this recipe. But it is a melt-in-your-mouth pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2For the filling, using an electric hand mixer, combine the potatoes, 1 cup of the sugar, the butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- 3Add the milk and continue to mix.
- 4Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Place the pie on a rack and cool to room temperature before covering with meringue.
- 6For the meringue, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form;.
- 7Beat in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 8Continue beating until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is glossy and stiff, but not dry.
- 9With a rubber spatula, spoon the meringue onto the pie, forming peaks. Make sure the meringue touches the crust all around. Sprinkle with a pinch of granulated sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until delicately browned. Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 407.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g