Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little cookies, or biscuits, as we call them in the UK, are absolutely delicious - light and yet fresh with the flavour of the dried lemon verbena. Dried verbena is essential in this recipe, as opposed to fresh leaves, to keep the cookies light, fresh and crisp. They make great gifts - pack them in a little cellophane bag with an attractive ribbon, or in an antique tin; they are also wonderful when served with ice cream. (Recipe from a copy of Better Homes and Gardens that was sent to me by a Zaar friend, I have kept the measurements in cups, as originally posted.)
- Combine flour, lemon verbena leaves, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C ) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Makes 36. Store in an airtight tin for up to 5 days.