1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
A favorite with my family! These aren't overly sweet sugar cookies, so they are perfect for frosting. This recipe was originally taken from clabbergirl.com. (Check out the Clabber Girl website - lots of great recipes!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until fine.
- 3Add egg, cream (or evaporated milk), and vanilla.
- 4Roll out dough evenly on to a lightly floured surface. (I separate my dough into 3 pieces and roll each piece to 1/4 inch thickness.).
- 5Sprinkle with sugar. (I usually skip this step if I plan to frost the cookies).
- 6Cut out with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased baking sheet. (The cookies do not really spread much, so about an inch apart is fine.).
- 7Bake at 400F for 5 - 8 minutes or until edges just start to brown. (In my oven 6 minutes is perfect - the cookie is firm, but not over-cooked and the bottoms are just-browned.).
- 8Remove to cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (920 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4010.4
- Calories from Fat 1858
- Total Fat 206.4 g
- Saturated Fat 127.4 g
- Cholesterol 724.0 mg
- Sodium 3425.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 491.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 202.6 g
- Protein 47.9 g