Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Great cookies! Must try!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- colored crystal sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, combine and mix well the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour into butter mixture one cup at a time.
- Chill dough for 3 to 4 hours.
- Roll out dough and cut into shapes with cookie cutters or a knife.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake on a sheet pan or a parchment lined sheet pan in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.