Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted in response to a request. Use more strawberries if desired and add a little more sugar and flour. Other berries could be used with this versatile recipe found at www.allrecipes.com.
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sugar, optional to sprinkle top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Place one crust in a nine inch pie pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour mixture lightly with the berries.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pan.
- Dot fruit with butter or margarine.
- Cover with top crust and cut slits in the top.
- Seal and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle top lightly with sugar (optional).
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
This was pretty good. The flavour was all there. It was a lot runnier than I expected. Next time I will try to add a table spoon of corn starch to my fruit and see if that helps at all.
I was looking for a simple recipe to use up my strawberries, and this one was perfect! Thank you so much!
This is very good strawberry pie. I made just as stated. Mine was pretty runny so maybe I will need to add more flour next time. Thanks for sharing!