Recipe by foodtvfan
Posted in response to a request. Use more strawberries if desired and add a little more sugar and flour. Other berries could be used with this versatile recipe found at www.allrecipes.com.
Top Review by Maya's Mama
This was pretty good. The flavour was all there. It was a lot runnier than I expected. Next time I will try to add a table spoon of corn starch to my fruit and see if that helps at all.
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sugar, optional to sprinkle top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Place one crust in a nine inch pie pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour mixture lightly with the berries.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pan.
- Dot fruit with butter or margarine.
- Cover with top crust and cut slits in the top.
- Seal and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle top lightly with sugar (optional).
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.