Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
Old recipe from our Mom's and Grandmothers.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- Cream sugar and butter together; add eggs, 1 at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, measure with dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alternately to batter with butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Work dough like biscuit dough.
- Divide into 6 or 7 parts.
- Pat into cake pans and bake 10 to 12 minutes in 375 degree oven.
- Stack and add dried cooked apples between layers.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas cake.
This is a very nice stack cake. Thanks for sharing this recipe.