Recipe by grandma2969
this makes about 1/2 lb..
Top Review by Jamie B
I found a recipe w/ the same ingredients in a microwave cookbook. It suggests microwaving 7 - 14 minutes, testing the temperature by dropping a small amount in cold water. If the threads you remove from the water are brittle, it's done.
Directions See How It's Made
- line the bottom and sides of a 9x9" square pan -- with aluminum foil -- butter foil and set aside.
- combine sugar, vinegar and corn syrup in a heavy pan --
- stir once over medium heat till sugar dissolves --
- heat until mixture reaches the hard crack stage or 290*-310* on candy thermometer.
- remove from heat, carefully stir in baking soda.mixture will foam quite high --
- pour mixture into prepared pans, set aside at room temperature until firm --
- invert pan to remove candy.
- peel foil off and break candy into small pieces --
- store in an airtight container at room temperature -- .