Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
There are alot of ingredients, and this takes all day to cook, but MAN IS IT WORTH IT! This sauce tastes good over pasta, clams, or as a bread dip. My family just gobbles it up.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 5 Italian sausages, boiled
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Coat bottom of stockpot with olive oil.
- Over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add hamburger, sausage, onion, and garlic.
- When onions are soft, add sugar, tomato sauce, sage, allspice, nutmeg, oregano, and wine; mix well and adjust to taste.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 4 hours. Stir every 15 to 20 minutes.
This is the greatest spaghetti sacue recipe I have found. It is well worth it's cooking time. I also add cinnamon to the sacue. It is wonderful, thank you so much for the recipe!