Recipe by Mindi Bunch
There are alot of ingredients, and this takes all day to cook, but MAN IS IT WORTH IT! This sauce tastes good over pasta, clams, or as a bread dip. My family just gobbles it up.
Top Review by hmkinnaird21
This is the greatest spaghetti sacue recipe I have found. It is well worth it's cooking time. I also add cinnamon to the sacue. It is wonderful, thank you so much for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 5 Italian sausages, boiled
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat bottom of stockpot with olive oil.
- Over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add hamburger, sausage, onion, and garlic.
- When onions are soft, add sugar, tomato sauce, sage, allspice, nutmeg, oregano, and wine; mix well and adjust to taste.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 4 hours. Stir every 15 to 20 minutes.