2 hrs 20 mins
This is the dressing I grew up eating. It's the southern way of making dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken in a dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove chicken from heat, reserving the broth. Let cool and debone the chicken. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Discard sking and bones.
- 2Metlt butter in a skillet over medium heat on stovetp. Add onion and celery and cook about 6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 13-x-9-x-2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion-and-celery mixture, cornbread, and remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until set.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Southern Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.3 mg
- Sodium 637.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: