Recipe by Chef Kiddle
I originally found this recipe on an old recipe card that some long-ago person wrote. I then changed the recipe a little.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut in thin pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put the butter in a rectangular casserole dish. Put the dish in the oven. While the oven is preheating, it will be melting the butter. Once butter is melted, take dish out of oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, milk, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. After mixing well, pour the batter mixture into the casserole dish on top of the butter.
- Then put the cut up apple pieces all over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.