Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We go to this little place on our way to see some of our friends in Nebraska. I Belive it is in Salina, Kansas. They make a killer Raisin Cream Pie. I think this is pretty close to theirs.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells
- In a heavy medium saucepan stir together first 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thinkened and bubbly, keep warm.
- For Meringue, place the egg whites and cream of tartat in a large clean mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until you get soft peaks. Slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beating on high for about 4 minutes until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Pour warm filling into baked pie chell. Spread meringue over filling. Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack for 1 hours. Chill 3-6 hours before serving. Cover for longer storage.
Fantastic Pie!!!! We loved it!!!! Very beautiful looking too! Excellent recipe and I highly recommend it! Made for Undercover Pie Photo Event! Thank you! Jelly :)
Delicious! This is a family favorite. Must be a Kansas thing as that is were we are from. My daughter entered this pie recipe into her 4H pie contest. :)
It was heavy and too sweet.