1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Andy Wold's Note:
These were our family tradition for Halloween handouts and Christmas cookies.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- 2Blend dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternating with cour cream. Measure flour by dip level, pour method or by sifting.
- 3Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour to make easier to roll out.
- 4Roll dough out 1/4" thick on well-floured surface.
- 5Cut with 3-1/2" (9cm) round cookie cutter or other shapes.
- 6Place on baking sheet. Can sprinkle with colored baking sugar at this point or wait and frost when cookies have cooled down.
- 7Bake at 350F (175C) for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g