Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Cookies like grandma use to make. Easy soft and chewy drop cookies with old fashioned taste. Prep time is also chill time.
Top Review by DustyPenny
These soft sugar cookies are not overly sweet and they are very addictive. My husband said they were the best I ever made. I doubled the batch and found them easy, delightful, gratifying and pleasing to elderly people with false teeth! I will definitely make them again. Thank you for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in egg.
- Mix in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 2" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of cookie dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or until set.