1/1 Photo of Old-Fashioned Soda Crackers
When I was in Mexico, one of the silliest but best things I remember eating, were homemade soda crackers that were served with our meal. They were still warm right out of the oven, and heavenly. We had them in a quaint little restaurant in a village called Taxco. These are just like them! It makes a lot, but you won't believe how quickly you'll go through them!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2Cut in butter til crumbly.
- 3Add water, stir just until mixed.
- 4Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead til thoroughly mixed. About 3 minutes.
- 5Roll out dough, a fourth at a time, on well-floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- 6Cut into 2" squares.
- 7Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Prick 2 or 3 times with a fork, then sprinkle with salt.
- 9Bake in preheated 350º oven for 20-25 minutes or til lightly browned.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Soda Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (1037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 328.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g