When I was in Mexico, one of the silliest but best things I remember eating, were homemade soda crackers that were served with our meal. They were still warm right out of the oven, and heavenly. We had them in a quaint little restaurant in a village called Taxco. These are just like them! It makes a lot, but you won't believe how quickly you'll go through them!!
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter til crumbly.
- Add water, stir just until mixed.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead til thoroughly mixed. About 3 minutes.
- Roll out dough, a fourth at a time, on well-floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 2" squares.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Prick 2 or 3 times with a fork, then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in preheated 350º oven for 20-25 minutes or til lightly browned.