Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband's grandmother made a salad like this - and the whole family loved it. I was pretty skeptical but... I like it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb white fish fillet (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 4 large eggs, hard cooked
- 2 dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg, hard Cooked
- 4 beets, cooked and sliced
- Melt butter in a frypan.
- Place fish in frypan and pour hot water over fish.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, lower heat and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the 4 hard cooked eggs and the pickles.
- Drain fish, cool and cut into cubes.
- Prepare salad sauce by blending mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl gently mix fish, egg and pickle slices and capers.
- Arrange fish mixture in individual dishes and spoon salad sauce over tops.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- To garnish, cut remaining egg into eight pieces and chop beet slices.
- Arrange garnish on each serving. Serve immediately.