Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mac & Cheese lovers...this one is a keeper
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut in cubes
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
- Lawry's Seasoned Pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Immediately place cooked macaroni into large bowl.
- While still hot, stir in the butter, the cubed cheddar, and the handful of grated cheddar.
- Mix well for one minute.
- Add the eggs and the can of cheddar soup.
- Mix through.
- Season liberally with Lawry's salt and pepper.
- Mix through.
- At this point, I like to give it a taste (I know, I know, raw eggs, but I live dangerously), to test for seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add the milk and mix again.
- Place mixture into a mid-size casserole.
- I use an 11x8x3 or so.
- Don't use a dish too deep or browning will be a pain.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- This is a very old family recipe from a woman I work with.
- I am kind of a mac&cheese junkie and have tried many over the years.
- This one is tops, bar none.
- PS If you have trouble finding Lawry's seasoned pepper, you can substitute McCormick's, not as good, but will do.
This is probably tasty, but it is NOT from scratch. Nothing that includes canned soup as an ingredient is from scratch! :-D