1/3 Photos of Old-Fashioned Sausage and Peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cored,seeded and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, cored,seeded and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 4 italian sweet sausage
- 1 cup canned crushed Italian plum tomato
- 1 1/2 cups chianti wine
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- 1Divide oil between 2 large skillets with lids; heat over medium heat.
- 2Divide garlic, onion and peppers between skillets and cook, stirring as needed, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add sausages, 4 to a skillet, and cook about 4 minutes more until sausages begin to brown.
- 4Add tomatoes, wine, oregano and a pinch of salt to pans.
- 5Cover, bring to simmer for about 25 minutes, until peppers are soft.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Sausage and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.1
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 1052.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g