Top Review by Bergy
Sunday Brunch in this house is a big meal and this was perfect, served with an omelet and stir fries Jeruselum Artichokes with leeks (new recipe not yet posted) and crust baguette slices. I cut the amounts way back because there were only 3 of us. I confess I only used one pan but the flavors blended beautifully - Thanks Dancer another winner — Added comments: I made this again for supper and I made a mistake I used Vegetarian Hot Italian Sausages - It was nowhere near as tasty as last time - I posted this comment as a caution - follow the recipe. Also I used white onions they worked well,
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cored,seeded and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, cored,seeded and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 4 italian sweet sausage
- 1 cup canned crushed Italian plum tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups chianti wine
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide oil between 2 large skillets with lids; heat over medium heat.
- Divide garlic, onion and peppers between skillets and cook, stirring as needed, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausages, 4 to a skillet, and cook about 4 minutes more until sausages begin to brown.
- Add tomatoes, wine, oregano and a pinch of salt to pans.
- Cover, bring to simmer for about 25 minutes, until peppers are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.