- 2 lbs beef, Ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 cup applesauce (Canned)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef lightly with eggs, rolled oats, onion, applesauce, salt, pepper, and sage until well-blended.
- Pack firmly into a loaf pan 9x5x3; unmold into a shallow baking pan.
- Score top in criss-cross pattern and brush with steak sauce.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until brown.