Recipe by Tea Jenny
this was my grandmothers recipe for shortbread just three ingredients made when you had to make the most of what you had. hence the three ingredients.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This is a wonderful tasting shortbread. It is sooo good that I had a hard time resisting eating all of it myself. When my DH came home I told him there was some really good shortbread cookies on the stonewear sitting on the stove. He said, "You're right, this is really good". As he left the kitchen I noticed he was like a little kid. One piece in each hand. BTW since my dough was so soft I refrigerated it after rolling thin then actually baked it on the piece of parchment then cutting with a sharp knife after baking before it cooled. EASY! Who cares if it is beautifully decorated or not...it's the taste that counts! Made for PAC Fall 2009
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and sugar together.
- Rub in the butter untill it comes together and makes a smooth dough.
- Roll out between parchment paper about half an inch thick, or use a shortbread mould if you have one.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Prick with a fork to decorate and flute the edges if you wish.
- Bake for 25/30 minutes at 175c.
- Dust with a little castor sugar while cooling.