Tea Jenny's Note:
this was my grandmothers recipe for shortbread just three ingredients made when you had to make the most of what you had. hence the three ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and sugar together.
- 2Rub in the butter untill it comes together and makes a smooth dough.
- 3Roll out between parchment paper about half an inch thick, or use a shortbread mould if you have one.
- 4Place on a greased baking tray.
- 5Prick with a fork to decorate and flute the edges if you wish.
- 6Bake for 25/30 minutes at 175c.
- 7Dust with a little castor sugar while cooling.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Rich Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g