- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 eggs, separated (use whites for meringue)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground nutmeg, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks till they are light.
- Combine rice, sugar, raisins, milk, vanilla and salt.
- When thoroughly combined, empty into casserole dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Using the reserved egg whites, prepare a meringue and spread on top of rice pudding.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake until lightly browned.