Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very old-fashioned dessert--cheap to make and very simple.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Rice Pudding With Meringue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 eggs, separated (use whites for meringue)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground nutmeg, for top
- Beat the egg yolks till they are light.
- Combine rice, sugar, raisins, milk, vanilla and salt.
- When thoroughly combined, empty into casserole dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Using the reserved egg whites, prepare a meringue and spread on top of rice pudding.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake until lightly browned.
This is an ol`time favorite
Was very easy to make and the flavor was very good but not as creamy as I expected. It reminds of how rice, sugar, and milk would taste warmed up in a microwave.
I was surprised at how creamy this recipe was. Very very good. Thank you.