Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Stir in sugar, uncooked rice, butter, vanilla essence, raisins and nutmeg.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours and make sure to stir frequently during the first hour.
- Serve warm/cold as per your choice.
Didn't like it as well as rice puddings made in a saucepan--not as creamy--as the pudding part tends to separate when it is not cooked while stirring constantly. I did stir frequently during first hour--which is rather a pain with something in oven--and it still separated.
Charishma, Thanks for this recipe,it was very good.It was so easy to do too.I loved the sweet nutmeg flavor.I did this in my rice cooker. Thanks, Darlene Summers
my friend cooked this recipe on the stove in a large pot... then put it in a cassarole dish and let it sit to room temperature... it was... as she says... "devine"!!!
thank you !!!