Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup rice, raw
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add milk and sugar mixture to rice.
- Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Separate eggs (whites will not be used) and beat yolks.
- Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into the beaten egg yolks in a bowl.
- Blend with the remaining mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to bubble.
- Serve warm or cold, plain or with favorite topping.
- One or more of the following ingredients can be added after the egg yolks and before final cooking.
- 1/2 c Raisins
- 1/2 c Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 c Chopped Apples
- 1 t Cinnamon
I made this recipe but i was out of cornstarch and vanilla so i left those out, but i did add 1 banana for some flavor but the only problem was that the rice didn't cook at all. Next time i am going to pre-cook the rice fully or part way and let it cook the rest in the sauce as it thickens. But otherwise, it was really good!
i had the same problem with the rice not being cooked. and i had a feeling it wouldnt be but i thought maybe there was something i didnt know. the pudding part had a great taste and i will probly make it again using cooked rice. But ty for the great quick recipe that will cure my sweet tooth
only thing i would change is to use already cooked rice then it comes out perfecto.