Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rice pudding uses left-over cooked rice, raisins and apples. We like it served chilled with a dollop of sour cream. It is also good served for breakfast with milk.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I use 2% low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 apple, peeled,cored and chopped
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together (except for nutmeg) in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for 50 minutes to one hour.
- Test with a table knife by sticking knife in center of dish, if it comes clean pudding is done.
great recipe, brings back one of my childhood favorites.. i did add 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. and more raisins.vern
yummy this is great comfort food,easy to make,
I don't like my rice pudding with fruit in it or with nutmeg on it. However, putting the remaining ingredients together and baking this in a shallow dish made for an outstanding rice pudding. Being out of regular sugar, I subbed 1/4 c powdered sugar; it worked out just fine. If you are looking for store bought rice pudding flavor, make instant vanilla pudding and add cooked rice to it. This recipe is the real deal.