Recipe by BeckyF
People don't seem to make this dish any more. It is simple to prepare and can be served warm or it is also good cold.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- cinnamon (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the rice and lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Mix them well and then add the rice and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.
- Place in a 8 X 10-inch baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes, or until it is lightly brown and the custard is set.
- Test with a table knife.
- Stick it in the center of the dish, and if it comes out clean the dish is baked.
- This can be served with maple syrup as was done in earlier times or milk will be enjoyed also.