Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (or white sugar)
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins
- Thoroughly combine rice with all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- (or LOW: 4-6 hours).
- Stir after first hour.
- This recipe may be doubled if desired.
My mother never cooked with a recipe, just used her memory. (Which is how she taught me to cook). It was difficult for me to remember all of the recipes that she taught me. I have serched for twenty-four years for this rice pudding recipe. Thank you Christine for posting it. I could not remember just want went into to the rice pudding. Then I saw your recipe. I thought that I would try just one more time. Now I have the recipe! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It is just as I remember it. I will be forever greatful to you, and to recipezaar, for giving me MY comfort food.
this was very good, four of my children loved it except for my fifth child, i and my husband loved it also, it was very simple to prepare
Made this up for my family and it was perfect! It wasn't to sweet but just sweet enough, thanks this is a keeper!