Recipe by Gayle M
This is absolutely the BEST rice pudding I've ever found. VERY custardy and creamy at the same time.
Top Review by Lennie
Gayle, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. I love my stovetop rice pudding and have been making it for almost 20 years, but for almost that long I have been searching for an oven-baked rice pudding that was creamy and custardy. And now I've found it! I don't usually like rice puddings made with long-grain rice -- they're usually too chewy and too dry -- but this was absolutely superb. It is very moist with lots of custard. The instructions are clear and simple and the recipe was easy to prepare. I sprinkled cinnamon on the individual servings as I dished it out. Now I know what I will be doing with all my leftover rice -- making this yummy dessert! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup light raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Break eggs into a 2-quart buttered casserole; beat slightly with a fork.
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Blend well.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Set casserole in pan of water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring once after 1/2 hour of baking.