Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have made this with blueberries or fresh blackberries...it's wonderful.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (or homemade 2 crust)
- 2 cups cut-up rhubarb
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg. directions for 2 crust pie or make homemade pastry for 2 crust 9" pie.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Toss lightly.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust. Seal edges and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
This was awesome - two of my favorite pies combined (blueberry & rhubarb, that is!) I did make one change - instead of a second top crust I used the streusel topping from Recipe #34185 (1/2 c flour, 1/2 c brown sugar, & 2 Tbsp butter crumbled together). Thanks for this excellent recipe!