Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A new recipe from Taste of Home. Sounds like a GREAT spring recipe!
Make and share this Old Fashioned Rhubarb Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 1 cup of sugar.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- Pour the rhubarb mixture over the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.