A new recipe from Taste of Home. Sounds like a GREAT spring recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 1 cup of sugar.
- 2Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 5Beat just until combined.
- 6Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- 7Pour the rhubarb mixture over the batter.
- 8Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g