Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great light tasting, easy to make muffin that's not too sweet, and has exceptional rhubarb flavour in each bite. From the Pilsbury Complete Baking book. I've used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour instead of all purpose with good results also. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon too, if you like.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml oil
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 473.18 ml rhubarb, finely chopped
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Combine milk, oil, vanilla, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir just until mixed.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill 12 to 18 muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray, 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
These cam out so delicious! I added a handful of chopped toasted walnuts and a scoop of leftover marmalade to the batter. The balance of sweet and tart was wonderful. I sprinkled the tops with cinnamon and sugar. Will make them again and again!
These muffins are so yummy. The taste is so good. Thanks ILuvRecipes :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game