Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This recipe came to me almost 20 years ago from a co-worker, who passed along his wife's recipe. I have never made another pumpkin pie since! Even people who profess to dislike pumpkin pie end up enjoying this one. At the end of a holiday meal, I never have so much as one piece left. To make it a little more fancy, you can serve this with my Honey-Ginger Cream.
Top Review by Debber
Excellent outcome! One of the best pumpkin pies I've ever made WITHOUT using prepared p-king filling.....I had roasted several pie pumpkins and used that for this recipe. Turned out beautifully--the color was perfect and the smooth filling was just so creamy on the mouth! Mmmmm!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs slightly; beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 45 minutes loner or until a knife inserted between the center and edges comes out clean. Cool.