Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love this time of year because I love anything pumpkin. I found this recipe in my mother-in-law's recipe box and it's a good one!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and the baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Blend eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk and vegetable oil in large mixing bowl.
- Add flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Instead of pumpkin pie spice, I used cinnamon. I used pecans on top. The loaf turned out so good with the toasted pecans. It took 1 hour 20 minutes to be perfect. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Potluck tag game
Good bread and low in fat as well. Thanks for sharing-