Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Planning to try this for the holidays. I've never made pralines before! Cook time includes optional pecan-roasting minutes. Prep time is an approximation of how long it will take to get all your ingredients in the pot, and on their way to soft-ball stage.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to soft ball stage (230 to 240 degrees), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens, becomes creamy and cloudy, and pecans stay suspended in mixture.
- Spoon out on aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Makes approximately fifteen to twenty pralines, depending on size.
- Note: To roast pecans, bake them on a sheet pan at 275 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly brown.
Just what pralines should taste like and ever so easy. I used heavy cream that I had on hand, then made them again using evaporated milk because that's what I remember my mom using. Thanks for a real keeper!
very good. i over cooked it a bit, but it was still very good.
This recipe was very easy if you have a candy thermometer. The only part I was unsure of was how long to wait and stir off heat to make the pralines, and it turned out to be about 8 minutes, give or take. This recipe is very good, thanks meow! for this recipe.