Recipe by bullwinkle
This is the way I usually make my chicken fried steak. I am guessing on the time for pounding the ingredients into the steak.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- combine flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper.
- Pound steak until 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet or edge of plate.
- Then pound in as much seasoned flour as possible.
- Beat egg and milk in a shallow dish.
- Dip pounded steak first in egg/milk mixture.
- The dip again in flour.
- Brown slices in hot oil in a large skillet on one side.
- Turn meat.
- Cover and lower heat.
- Cook until meat is tender, about 30 minutes.