Grandmas pound cake recipe. Makes a 10 x 6 inch loaf cake.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Pound Cake 1972 recipe from Food.com.
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan. Can line if desired.
- Cream butter and sugar until all granules are dissolved and you no longer feel them between your fingertips.
- Sift the flour and measure.
- Add the salt and mace.
- Sift all together once more.
- Add eggs one at a time, alternating with the flour to the creamed mixture.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour into prepared greased pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Using tester to test.