This stuffing is a good old fashioned one. You can add or build onto it very simply!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups small bread cubes (1 whole loaf, from bakery finely sliced will reduce cutting time if you bake your own cubes)
- 1 cup finely chopped leek (1 large leek)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup turkey broth or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth, to moisten
- 1Note: The turkey broth is approximate, you may use less or more. Test the texture as you add broth for the exact amount. When you squeeze a handful of stuffing it should hold together without being to soggy.
- 2Saute leeks and celery with butter.
- 3Then mix in dried cranberries and poultry seasoning.
- 4Add this mixture to the bread cubes while turkey cooks and mix thru to soften cubes. Mix in turkey broth to moisten to the consistency you like.
- 5Butter a baking dish well and bake in the oven at 325 for 30 minutes.
- 6Stir once through the baking process to ensure the bottom does not burn. Keep covered with foil to prevent top from browning except for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- 7The key to this stuffing is to finely chop everything and use small bread cubes. You may stuff this into a 12-15 lb turkey.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Poultry Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: